INFY Seshasayee appointed as president
Infosys Limited announced that the Board of the Company approved the appointment of R. Seshasayee as non-executive Chairman of the Board with immediate effect.
- V. Kamath will retire from his position as Chairman and an independent director of the Company, following his appointment as president of the New BRICS Development Bank.
- Seshasayee has been an independent director on the Board of the Company since January 2011 and is the Chairman of the Audit Committee. Other positions of Mr. Seshasayee Board include non-executive vice president Ashok Leyland Ltd and President of IndusInd Bank Ltd.
Essel pact ink Rajasthan government Rs 4k crore for solar parks
- Essel Group formed a 50/50 joint venture (JV) with the Government of Rajasthan to develop solar parks in the state.
- The solar parks will be set up in Jaisalmer and Bikaner regions with an investment of Rs 4,000 crore.
- Solar park project in Rajasthan will be the turnkey project of India in the area of renewable energy which will help clean energy initiatives of the Government of Rajasthan.
City Mahindra is carbon positive
A city of “green” company built developed by the Mahindra Group has developed a roadmap to become positive climate in 10 years, a distinction that places India on the world map.
- Mahindra World City Jaipur (MWCJ) spread over 3000 hectares in the Delhi-Mumbai corridor, became the first project in Asia – and the sixth largest in the world – to commit to a carbon positive track record in the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group.
- Projected to reduce by 8 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) in about 10 years to become climate neutral.
Prince Harry knighted
Prince Harry was today knighted by his grandmother the queen as a sign of his self-esteem.
- The fifth line for the throne was made Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order in a private ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
- The Order was founded in April 1896 by Queen Victoria as a rewarding personal service means for it, on its own initiative rather than by ministerial recommendation and remains entirely in personal gift of the Sovereign.
Snapdeal-Tata Housing sells house worth Rs. 1.1 cr
E-commerce Company Snapdeal and Tata Housing, which teamed up to sell homes online, announced their largest transaction worth Rs. 1.1 crore hours after the start of the sale of premium and luxury apartments.
- Snapdeal also exploring alliances to provide options such as business site facilities and documentation services.
iii. Real Estate Category Snapdeal has increased by 400 percent over the last six months and currently include residential developers project portfolio across India, including Tata Value Homes, Tata Housing, DLF, Sobha Developers, Godrej Properties , Mantri Developers and Purvankara.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly