Chinese President Xi Jinping is on a visit to Vietnam.
- The two countries agreed to limit their differences and maintaining peace and stability, the two communist neighbors are trying to repair ties strained over territorial disputes in South China Sea.
- Vietnam President: Truong Tan SangAnchor
Indian cabinet approved today
- Increased FDI to US $ 750 million in Mylan Mylan Luxembourg Lab Ltd through the subscription of equity securities.
- System to revive the electricity distribution companies – UDAY (Ujwal Discom Insurance Yojana).
- Ex-post facto distribution of food grains for BPL and APL families for October and November for States to further implement ANSA.
- Additional food grains for BPL and APL families for December 2015 also states yet to implement ANSA.
- Additional allocation of foodgrains for APL families also from January to June ’16 2/3 MSP rate for same states.
Raises MSP for Rabi Crops of 2015-16 season to be marketed in 2016-17. Wheat 1525 (Prev1450), barley: 1225 (1150), Gram :. 3425 (3175, Masur: 3325 (3075), rapeseed / mustard: 3350 (3100), safflower: 3300 (3040).
- Added bonus of Rs 75 per quintal in MSP will be given to the gram and masoor dal.
The Supreme Court confirms the online lottery ban in Kerala and Nagaland.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned the secular agricultural practice of burning straw in the pollution-ravaged New Delhi and 4 western states of northern Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
End of 10 years of Conservative rule, the new head of Canada Justin Trudeau was sworn in as new prime minister.
Important points to note:
- For the first time in the history of the country, his office equally balanced between women and men (15 men and 15 women ministers).
- It has inducted a record four Canadians of Indian origin in his office.
Indian ministers in his cabinet
- Amarjeet Sohi – Minister of Infrastructure and Communities
- Bardish Chagger – Minister of Small Business and Tourism
- Harjit Sajjan – Minister of National Defence
- Navdeep Bains – Minister of Innovation
E-commerce giant, Flipkart appointed Surojit Chatterjee, former managing director of Google products, as senior vice president and chief customer experience and growth.
Business & Economy
In a move to reduce the demand for physical gold, launched the Prime Minister Narendra Modi today three gold-related schemes, including India gold coin ‘with Ashok Chakra, Gold and monetization schemes of gold sovereign bonds to exploit the holiday season before Dhanteras and Diwali.
- Important: Check the full details on these three golden diagrams here
India has surpassed China as the largest consumer of gold in the world.
- India bought 562 tonnes of gold so far this year.
Former Ambassador of India to Nepal Bimal Prasad (92), who was also a close associate of Jayaprakash Narayan, who died.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai won first senior medal of India to the Asian location 13 Championship, finishing second behind the park Daehun Korea in the final of the 50m pistol event in men.
Australian Michelle Payne became the first jockey woman to win the most prestigious horse race in Australia, the Melbourne Cup.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.