The Delhi airport bags Golden Peacock National Quality Award
- The Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) has bagged the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award for 2015.
- i i. The award recognizes the best in class quality processes we have been put in place over the DIAL years which have brought significant results and numerous awards and distinctions.
- The award will be presented at DIAL by the UAE Minister of Culture, Youth and Development Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan during a presentation ceremony held in Dubai on April 20.
- Golden Peacock Awards were founded by the Institute of Directors, India in 1991 and are generally regarded as a corporate excellence reference.
- Scheme National Quality Award v. was established to encourage the improvement of the overall quality in both manufacturing and service organizations in India.
India to host the fifth meeting of health ministers of SAARC
- India will host the fifth meeting of SAARC Health Ministers next week to deliberate on key issues, including HIV / AIDS, prevention of communicable and non-communicable diseases and strengthen cooperation between the nations.
- The meeting will deliberate on a roadmap for strengthening cooperation among SAARC countries on a number of issues and challenges they face.
- Health ministers will also discuss the adoption of the “Delhi Declaration” affirming their commitment to work together in the identified areas and to enhance health in collaboration with agreed roadmap and timetable for the meeting to be held April 8.
Myntra to close the website from May 1; be available as a mobile application only
- After the closure of its mobile website last month, online fashion retailer Myntra now moves to an app-only strategy by closing its office site.
- i i. Myntra, which was acquired by Flipkart last year for an amount of Rs 2000 crores says that about 85 percent of all users come to the site via the application anyway, and that almost 63 percent of all purchases occur on the application.
- Myntra is on course to finish Rs 2,000 crore in the sale or the value of the raw commodity (GMV) for the current year.
Mumbai Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar first submarine Scorpene undocks
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar first Scorpene submarine launched locally built the country in Mazagaon Dockyard Ltd in Mumbai.
- The Scorpene is part of the ambitious 75 submarine program of the Indian Navy, launched with French collaboration that will include six of these vessels joining the fleet in the coming years.
- The submarine is expected to be commissioned by September 2016.
- Currently, the Indian Navy has 14 conventional submarines with diesel-electric propulsion which include 10 Russian Kilo class and four German HDW-class ships.
MoU signed for BR Ambedkar memorial construction on land Indu Mills
- A three-part MoU was signed between the Union Ministry of Textiles, Government of Maharashtra and the National Textile Corporation for the transfer of land for the construction of the memorial for Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chief Minister of Maharashtra and the Union textile minister Devendra Fadnavis Santosh Gangwar in New Delhi.
- The memorial will be built on the site where the last rites of the architect of the Indian Constitution, Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar were made after he died December 6, 1956.
Modi PM launches national air quality index
- In a concerted effort to tackle the threat of air pollution, the prime minister Narendra Modi launched the first index of the air quality in India. The index will be operational in ten Indian cities to start.
- The Air Quality Index inform the public about the level of pollution in the air on a daily basis in real time.
- “Protection and development of the environment can go hand in hand,” said the Prime Minister while talking on the launch event in New Delhi Vigyan Bhavan.
Miami Open 2015 – Winners
Men’s Singles Title
World No. 1 Serbian and ace tennis player Novak Djokovic won the singles title in Miami in 2015 Men Tournament. In the final he beat Andy Murray.
Singles Title women
World No. 1 and ace American tennis player Serena Williams won singles title in 2015 Women Miami Tournament. In the final she beat Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain.
Double Title Gentlemen
American Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan pair won the doubles title for the 2015 Miami Open men. In the last game they defeated Vasek Pospisil (Canada) and Jack Sock (US) pair.
Double female Title
Sania Mirza of India and Martina Hingis of Switzerland pair won the doubles title in 2015 Miami Open women. In the last game they defeated the Russian pair Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly