First “National Handloom Day” to be observed tomorrow.
- This day will be launched at a national meeting in Chennai tomorrow by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Note: The Government of India said that the August 7th national day Handloom each year in memory of the Swadeshi Movement was launched in 1905 on August 7th by Mahatma Gandhi for the recovery of products and national processes.
Parliament adopts Delhi High Court Amendment Bill, 2015.
- This bill will reduce the workload of the Delhi High Court by improving the monetary jurisdiction of civil actions from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 2 existing crore.
The Union Cabinet today approved a proposal to sign an agreement with UNESCO for the establishment of a Centre for the management of natural heritage and training for the Asia-Pacific region Wildlife Institute of India ( WII) in Dehradun.
- This center will enhance the capacity to support countries in the region for the maintenance of heritage and natural sites.
- Note: This is the first time an existing institute will be given recognition by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- UNESCO – United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.Anchor
Japan marks the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima atomic bombing.
Tens of thousands of people stood for a minute of silence at 8:15 local time in Peace Memorial Park of the city, near the epicenter of the attack, marking the moment of the explosion, August 6, 1945.
- More than 140,000 people were killed by the first two uranium bombs, nicknamed Little Boy and Fat Man dropped on Japan at the end of World War II.
- Note: An American B-29 bomber named Enola Gay dropped Little Boy “on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.
- Japan surrendered days later, August 15, 1945 carrying the war to an end.
People in News
Former PWD Minister Churchill Alemao Goa was arrested as part of the Louis Berger International Inc. (LBI) corruption scam.
Business & Economy
The Welfare Organization Employment Fund (EPFO) marked his debut on the stock market through. Exchange Traded Funds SBI Mutual Fund
The telecom giant Airtel of India launched commercial high-speed 4G services 296 cities across India.
- Note: Airtel was the first telecom company to launch the first commercial 4G network in India.
Argentina maintained its No. 1 position in the world FIFA rankings released today.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly