The 10th G20 Summit started in Antalya, Turkey today.
Terrorism, climate change and global cooperation to unearth black money from high on the agenda
- The summit will take place during 15-16 November 2015.
- President: Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (President of Turkey)
Important points to note about the G20 summits
9th Summit of G-20
- Held during 15-16 November 2014
- Held in Brisbane, Australia
10th summit of G20
- Held during 15-16 November 2015
- Held in Antalya, Turkey
11th Summit of the G-20
- Held in: 2016
- Held in Hangzhou, China
12th Summit of the G-20
- Held in: 2017
- Held at: Germany
13th Summit of the G-20
- Held in: 2018
- Held at India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has proposed an agenda of 7 points on climate change at the G20 Summit.
- Here are 7 points provided by Modi PM:
- What the G20 can do for climate change?
- At the G20, we can play an effective role in supporting multilateral objectives of increasing research and development to expand affordable renewable energy.
- We must also ensure that bride and technology is available to meet the global universal aspiration of clean energy.
- We have to achieve the target of US $ 100 billion per year by 2020 goal.
- Counties G20 should increase the share of traffic on public transport in cities by 30 percent by 2030.
- We should move from “carbon credits” towards “green credits”.
- When we talk about targets, we must not only reduce the use of fossil fuels, but also moderate our lifestyle.
Development in harmony with nature is the goal of my proposal to launch the long-French President Francois Hollande, an alliance of solar rich countries at COP-21 meeting.
Today (3rd Sunday of November) is the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims.
- The day was started with the charity accident of the British victim, RoadPeace in 1993 and was adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2005.
- Theme 2015: It is time to remember – Say NO to crime Road!
India and Bangladesh today signed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in New Delhi, to operationalize the “Coastal Shipping Agreement” signed between the two countries in June 2015.
- This will improve trade by lowering the cost of freight transport EXIM (Export-Import).
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.