Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe will be his first official overseas tour to India next week.
- His three-day tour will begin on September 14 and ends on September 16 2015.
- The main official engagements will take place on 15.
- During the visit, he will have extensive discussions with Indian leaders, including on the sensitive issue of fishermen and a comprehensive economic pact.
- During the three-day visit from September 14 to 16, he will meet with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in addition to meeting External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and calling on President Pranab Mukherjee.
Important points to note:
The visit is of significance as president Maithripala Sirisena also chose India for his first destination abroad after being elected to office in January.
- Wickremesinghe was elected prime minister after his party United National Party won parliamentary elections last month.
- This will trip abroad maiden M. Wikremesinghe since January, when he had taken the Prime Minister for the third time.
20 largest economies in the world, including India, today launched W20, a commitment involving women leaders, to push the gender global economic growth.
- The group W20 – with 20 women leaders of the G20 countries – will host its first summit in Istanbul next month after all the member countries to nominate their candidates.
- President of W20 (newly appointed): Gulden Turktan
Important details G20:
- G20 members are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union.
The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for global economic cooperation and financial, which gathers major advanced and emerging economies of the world, representing about 85 percent of global GDP.
The G20 began in 1999 as a meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors in the wake of the Asian financial crisis.
- In 2008, the first G20 Leaders Summit was held, and the group played a key role in the response to the global financial crisis.
G20 leaders have met nine times since 2008, continuing to focus on achieving strong, sustainable and balanced growth, fostering job creation and financial regulation that reduce risks and prevent financial crises future and modernization of the international financial architecture.
Delhi government has decided to reduce the Syllabus until 8th class 25 percent starting next month.
Delhi High Court directs Medical Center and Council of India (MCI) for introducing a B.Sc. medical courses for the preparation of health workers in rural areas within six months.
- This decision will promote medical health workers to provide primary health care in rural areas without doctors.
Last communication satellite of India GSAT-6 has been successfully positioned in its orbital slot.
- GSAT-6 is the 25th geostationary communication satellite of India built by ISRO and 12 in the GSAT series.
- It provides communication through five S-band spot beams and a national beam C-band for strategic
- One of the satellite’s advanced features is its deployable S-band antenna with a diameter of 6 m. This is the largest satellite antenna carried by ISRO.
- The life of the satellite’s mission is to nine.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated Badarpur-Faridabad Metro highly anticipated which is run on solar energy.
Business & Economy
Indian Railways will tie up with Indian with Space Research Organization (ISRO) for online satellite images to improve safety and improving efficiency.
Boxer Vikas Krishan Indian gets the silver medal at the Asian Championships in Bangkok.
With the money from Vikas, India ended its campaign with a silver and three bronze medals – L Devendro Singh (49 kg), Shiva Thapa (56 kg) and Satish Kumar (+ 91 kg) being the third Place finishers.
- In addition, six Indians also made the cut for the World Championships next month – the first qualifying event for the Olympic Games next year.
The veteran Australian all-rounder Shane Watson, announced his retirement from Test cricket.
- Watson has played 59 Tests for Australia, scoring 3731 points, taking 75 wickets.
Shooter Indian Apurvi Chandela won silver in the 10m event air rifle of women in the ISSF World Cup in Munich.
- Note: It has already qualified for the Rio Olympic claiming the 10m rifle bronze compressed air at the ISSF World Cup (rifle / pistol) in Changwon, Korea, in April
Elaheh Ahmadi of Iran, who won the gold medal.
Andrea Arsovic Serbia pocketed the bronze medal.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.