According to the report of the World Bank “MGNREGA” biggest public works program of world
- The World Bank has ranked the Act (MGNREGA) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee as the largest public works program in the world.
- It was revealed in the recently published report of the World Bank Group entitled “The situation of social safety nets 2015″. Highlights Report MGNREGA (under the Ministry of Rural Development) provides a social safety net to 182 million beneficiaries almost 15 percent of the population of India.
- Mid-day meal plan (under the Human Resources Development Department) has been ranked as the largest school feeding program. It has about 105 million beneficiaries.
- Janani Suraksha Yojna (under the Ministry of Health and Family) is a higher level of social security program with conditional cash transfers. It has 78 million beneficiaries.
- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Plan (under the Ministry of Rural Development) is the second largest progamme unconditional cash transfer social security in the world. Five middle-income countries being the largest social safety net programs run in the world are India, China, South Africa and Ethiopia.
Heritage status UGC grants 19 colleges
- UGC has approved funding for 19 colleges for specialized conservation courses and campus related to heritage
- The colleges that have been granted the status include St.Xavier College, Mumbai; CMS College Kottayam; St Joseph College, Trichy; Khalsa College, Amritsar; St Bede’s College, Shimla, Christ Church College, Kanpur, Agra Old College, Agra; Meerut College, Meerut and Langat Singh College, Muzaffarpur Bihar.
- others who have figured in the list are Govt.Brennan College, Kerala; University College, Mangalore, Cotton College in Guwahati, college Midnapore West Bengal Govt Medical Sciences in Jabalpur, Fergusson College in Pune Deccan Education Society, Hislop College in Nagpur, Govt. Gandhi Memorial College of Science in Jammu, Kanya Mahavidyalya in Jalandhar and St. Xavier College in Kolkata.
Infosys signs multi-year agreement with Deutsche Bank.
- Infosys, India’s second largest exporter of IT services, announced Wednesday it has signed a multi-year agreement with Deutsche Bank.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Infosys will provide services such as development, application maintenance, digital and mobility, the implementation of the packaging and testing services through the Deutsche Bank Group, Infosys Press release.
- “Deutsche Bank is committed to applying innovative technology to improve efficiency and customer service. Working with Infosys will help the bank achieve these goals,” Kim Hammonds, Chief Global Information Officer, Deutsche Bank said.of society except if required by law.
- Partnership Program Supplier of Deutsche Bank was successfully launched in June 2014 to focus the most strategic suppliers based on the impact of the company in all bank categories.
BRICS central banks signed the Covenant Pool Forex reserves.
- The five national emerging economies known as the BRICs acronym, was a step towards the establishment of a pool of mutual reserve $ 100 billion by the signing of an “operational agreement”
- The pool is driven by the central banks of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa when they suffered a dollar liquidity shortage, helping them maintain financial stability, the Central Bank of Russia said.
- The Bank of Russia in Moscow. The central banks of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa signed an operating agreement to set up a foreign exchange reserves pool.
- Financial stability was the sore spot of Moscow over the past year, the Russian economy has slipped into recession, while the country lost access to international capital markets due to Western sanctions, and had to drain billions of dollars from its reserves.
India, Kazakhstan launch the first drilling Satpayev oil block to OVL
- India and Kazakhstan launched the first exploratory drilling in the Satpayev oil block owned by ONGC Videsh Limited India (OVL) and Kazakhstan company KazMunaiGaz. It was jointly launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Kazakhstan Karim Massimov first in Astana, capital of Kazakhstan.
- Satpayev oil block is located offshore field in the North Caspian Sea. It has potential reserves estimated at 1.8 billion of crude oil and natural gas barrels.
Ashok Haldia appointed MD and CEO of PTC India Financial Services
- PTC India Financial Services said Wednesday that Ashok Haldia has been appointed new CEO of the company and CEO.
- Haldia has been a part of the Company’s Board of Directors as a director in time together for the past seven years. Before joining PTC India Financial Services, Haldia served as secretary of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He also served on several committees of the central government.
- Ashok Haldia is Whole Time Director of PTC India Financial Services Limited. A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Secretaries General of India and the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India. Dr. Ashok Haldia has diverse experience of project financing and industry funding policy, public sector reforms, assessment and management, the reform of the energy sector, restructuring and funding.
K7 Computing signs pact with ICT Academy
- K7 Computing Pvt. Ltd, a provider of safe and secure computing experience based in Chennai, has signed a protocol with the Tamil Nadu ICT Academy to conduct joint seminars across 12 electric Awareness Week in the state and ICTs in six cities .
- The seminar will be held in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Salem and Tirunelveli and highlight the importance of cyber security and the latest developments in this spectrum, says a press release K7.
- The Academy, a Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and industry initiative, set up a platform for all stakeholders to discuss the improvement of interaction industry-Institut on key issues.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly