A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India and the Netherlands for the development of vaccines.
- The agreement signed under “Making India initiative of the Government of India will allow the Bharat Immunologicals and Biologicals Corporation Limited (BIBCOL), a central PSU under Department of Biotechnology, develop measles – rubella vaccine at its plant in Chola, Bulandshahr, translational vaccinology Institute (INTRAVACC) institute based government of the Netherlands will extend the technical support for the development of the vaccine.
- Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte Anchor
With Maggi controversy raising serious health concerns, food safety regulator FSSAI today ordered noodles tests, pasta and macaroni brands like Top Ramen, Foodles and Wai Wai sold and manufactured by seven companies to verify compliance.
- FSSAI: Standards Authority of India and Food Safety
Three days after the circular transmitting to hospitals for testing two fingers on the victims of rape and the face of criticism, the Delhi government decided to revoke today.
- The circular was issued in May 29 indicating that hospital Per vaginal (PV) Examination, also known as “two-finger test” of rape victims can be done with their consent.
- Note: The Supreme Court in May 2013 had also held that the test violates the reversionary right to privacy and asked the Government to provide better medical procedures to confirm sexual assault.
- Activists for women’s rights were also opposed to this test for years.
Samajwadi chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today confirmed that Nitish Kumar will be the chief ministerial candidate of the JD (U) alliance for the next -RJD Bihar polls.
Centre Appoints Commissioner to the most senior Vijai Sharma information as new information commissioner Chief (CIC).
Former Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, KV Chowdary is the new Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC).
- Note: With the appointment of Chowdary, the government has for the first time broke with tradition to appoint an Administrative Service (IAS) officer of India as the leader of the anti-corruption watchdog since it was formed in 1964 .
TM Bhasin, CEO of the Indian Bank, was appointed Vigilance (VC)
Sudhir Bhargava, former Social Justice and Empowerment Secretary, was appointed Information Commissioner (IC).
A senior IPS officer RC Tayal was appointed as the new head of the elite force against terrorism National Security Guard (NSG).
Peter Petherick (72), former New Zealand offspinner, has died.
- Petherick was famous for taking a hat-trick on his debut test.
- He achieved this feat by playing against Pakistan in Lahore in 1976.
Maurice Allom of England was the first, against New Zealand in Christchurch in January 1930
- Note: Maurice Allom, former leader England, was the first to take a Test hat-trick on his debut against New Zealand in Christchurch in January 1930.
Dasaradhi Rangacharya (86), a well known poet and author of Telangana, who did not mince words to express his impatience with the autocratic rule of the Nizam, has died.
- ‘Chillara Devullu’ (The Small Gods) and ‘Modugu Poolu’ (Fire Flower) are his famous works.
- Note: Chillara brought him Devullu Central Sahitya Akademi award.
French Open 2015
Stanislas Wawrinka won the men’s title, beating Novak Djokovic.
The Indian cricket team Virat Kohli-led arrived in Dhaka today for a short series against Bangladesh.
- Indian team will play a one-off test which starts on Wednesday, followed by three one-day internationals.
- Former India left-arm spinner Venkatapathy Raju is all set to guide the national team of Nepal Cricket in continuing their 15-day camp in Dharamsala.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly