Singapore commemorates the 50 years, it became an independent state.
- Singapore became a republic August 9, 1965, when he was ejected from the federation of Malaysia following a stormy union of two years.
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- President Tony Tan
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
Today (9 August) is the International Day of Indigenous Peoples of the world.
- This day is observed to promote and protect the rights of indigenous peoples of the world.
- It was imposed by the United Nations General Assembly in December 1994, marking the day of the first meeting of the United Nations Working Group on Indigenous Populations of the Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights man in 1982.
- Theme (2005-2015) – “A Decade for Action and Dignity”
Today is the 73rd anniversary of the Movement of India Exit.
On this day in 1942, Mahatma Gandhi launched a mass demonstration demanding what he called “an orderly British withdrawal” of India.
- Gandhi gave a slogan of “Do or Die”.
- The Quit India Movement created an electrifying atmosphere in the country and resulted in the achievement of independence after five years.
The government decided that Aadhaar enrollment of non-resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) should be finally allowed to help authenticate their digital identity.
- Currently, all residents, including nationals and foreigners with valid visas Indian may be registered and provided Aadhaar number by UIDAI.
- Under the Aadhaar project, ARCEP unique identification of India (UIDAI) provides a unique identity number for residents, which can be verified numerically using the database.
The Maharashtra government said the area along Thane Creek as Flamingo Sanctuary, which will be spread over an area of 1690 hectares, including 896 hectares of mangroves and 794 hectares of adjacent body of water.
- This is the second marine sanctuary Maharashtra Malvan Wildlife Sanctuary after.
Science and technology
The government announced the first 56 km long awaited project dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) would be put in Bihar in service in March next year.
- The section between Durgawati Sasaram and will be completed and implemented by the end of the current financial year service.
Indo-US Atul Keshap was confirmed that the US ambassador to Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- He became the second Indian diplomat to be posted to the region after Rahul Verma Richard (US Ambassador to India).
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly