Australia and China today signed an agreement to share information on the conditions of the sea ice around Antarctica for better navigation and shipping in the southernmost lands of the continent.
- The agreement was signed between the National Marine Environmental Forecasting Center China Australia’ss and Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) in Hobart city.
In a recent report, the World Bank said that climate change could push over 100 million people in extreme poverty by 2030, disrupting agriculture and fuels the spread of malaria and other diseases.
- Do its part as part of the global effort against climate change, India will anchor a global solar alliance, the International Agency for solar technologies and applications (INSTA), which will bring together 122 countries rich in solar resources all situated between the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will officially launch the alliance in Paris on 30 November.
Today (November 9th) is the National Day of Legal Services.
- This day was first started by the Supreme Court in 1995 across India to offer assistance and support to the weakest group and poor sections of the population (women, people disabilities, scheduled tribes, children, and castes, victims of human trafficking and victims of natural disasters).
- Minister for Law and Justice – DV Sadananda Gowda
The 19th edition of the International Film Festival of children will be held from November 14, 2015 at Hyderabad.
Happy Mother’s Day a feature of Indian Film Society of children’s film (CFSI) directed by Anjali Shukla will be the opening film of the Festival.
- The winter session of Parliament will begin from 26 November to 23 December 2015.
India today firing tests of its ballistic missile Agni-IV strategic nuclear-capable, integrated test range at Abdul Kalam Island on the Orissa coast.
- The locally developed Agni-IV missile surface to surface is a weapon system with two floors and is able to hit a target at a distance of 4000 km.
- It is 20 meters long and weighs 17 tones.
Former BCCI President N Srinivasan in was removed from his post as chairman of ICC.
- He will be replaced by current President Shashank Manohar BCCI.
- Ravi Shastri has also been removed from the IPL board due to conflict of interest.
- Rajeev Shukla was selected as IPL chairman.
Business & Economy
The central government today approved Rs 2,100 crore funds from the National Relief Fund for disaster Karnataka and Gujarat, which recently faced drought and floods, respectively.
- With relatively robust growth prospects, the Indian economy will grow by 7.2 percent this fiscal, but difficulty passing key structural reforms and large non-performing loans are holding back, says think tank based in Paris OECD.
The four public sector banks is New CEO
Indian Bank Mahesh Kumar Jain.
- He currently works as Executive Director of Indian Bank. He was raised as a Director and Deputy CEO of the bank. He was appointed for a period of three years.
Andhra Bank: N Suresh Patel.
- Prior to this appointment, Patel was an executive director at Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC).
UCO Bank: Ravi Krishan Takkar.
- He was executive director of Dena Bank. It has now been appointed Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank for a period of three years.
Bank Corporation: Jai Kumar Garg.
- He was the Executive Director of UCO Bank. He will take over from 1 February next year.
Iran has appointed its first woman ambassador since the 1979 Islamic revolution, naming spokesman of Foreign Ministry marzieh afkham to head its embassy in Malaysia.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.