Today (9th October) is World Post Day.
This day commemorates the date of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland.
- It was declared as the World Day Message by the UPU Congress held in Tokyo in 1969 and since then it is celebrated around the world to highlight the importance of postal services.
The theme of World Post Day
- 2,015 – Tell us about the world you want to grow in
- 2014 – Posts demanding their place in the changing landscape of communication “and” Write a letter describing how music can touch lives
- 2013 – The Post Delivering for people and businesses Daily
- 2012 – write a letter to an athlete or sports figure you admire to explain what the Olympic Games mean to you
- 2011 – The Post, a valuable public service
Today is World Egg Day.
This is an international event that celebrates the egg around the world.
President Pranab Mukherjee will pay an official visit to Jordan, Palestine and Israel from October 10 to 15.
- This will be the first visit of a President of India to Jordan in the 65 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- Note: King Abdullah of Jordan and Queen Rania visited India in 2006.Anchor
India Post began celebrations of the National Week of the posts from today to create awareness of role of the postal sector in the lives of people and businesses, and its contribution to social and economic development.
- The celebrations, which will end on October 15, also aimed at generating a broader awareness of the role and activities of the Indian position among the public and the media nationally.
The postal department plans to celebrate,
- Day Savings Bank tomorrow (October 10)
- Post Day on October 12,
- Philately Day October 13,
- Postal Life Insurance Day, October 14 and
- Development Day October 15
AAP govt dismisses his food and supplies minister Asim Ahmed Khan.
- The minister was sacked on corruption charges.
Government today launched UTS mobile, a mobile application as digital India program to save time and avoid the use of paper tickets.
- With this application, passengers can enjoy paperless season tickets on mobile phones Central, Western and Northern Railway.
- Passengers need to download the mobile application from Google Play Store or window shop and can book a one-way ticket and ticket platform by choosing appropriate option on the application.
- Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu
Awards and Recognition
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2015 is to be attributed to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet for his decisive contribution to the construction of a pluralist democracy in Tunisia in the wake of the Jasmine Revolution of 2011.
Veteran music director Ravindra Jain died today.
- Ravindra Jain has composed music for hit movies like “Chor Machaye Shor”, “Geet Gaata Chal ‘,’ Chitchor ‘,’ Ram Teri Ganga Maili ‘,’ Do Jasoos’, ‘Heena’ and ‘Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se’. During the 1980s and 1990s, Mr. Jain largely composed music for numerous mythological movies and soap operas.
- Jain was awarded Padmashri this year and won the Filmfare Award for Best Music for ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ in 1985.
Veteran atomic scientist Dr Sekhar Basu has been appointed new chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission.
Its essential contribution to the nation, INS Arihant’s, is powered by a nuclear rector of less than 100 MW and is fueled from enriched uranium.
- RK Sinha, the current head of the nuclear program, retires on October 23.
South Africa won the T-20 series against India 2-0.
The third game in Eden Garden in Kolkata washed out.
India beat New Zealand 3-2 in the third hockey test in Christ church.
Indo-Swiss tennis pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis enter the final of the China Open.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.