Former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari won the presidential election in Nigeria. He became the first opposition candidate to win the election. Gen Buhari beat incumbent Goodluck Jonathan over 2.5 million votes Palestine was officially a member of the International Criminal Court reached a decision that could open the door to possible charges of war crimes acts against Israeli officials despite the uncertainty over its wider ramifications.
“Top 10 most dangerous countries’ list Intel Center This list was completed by the Middle East, Iraq and Syria ranked No. 1 and 2 respectively.
Pakistan has emerged as the eighth most dangerous country in the world in a final analysis of the top 10 hazardous areas based terrorists and rebels activity.Anchor
Top 10 dangerous countries
Mills Cricket New Zealand following retirement Vettori
- New Zealand pace bowler Kyle Mills has announced his retirement from all cricket Wednesday after Daniel Vettori to call it quits after the final of the World Cup.
- Mills has been consistently ranked among the top 10 bowlers day in the world throughout his illustrious 14-year career, and for a long time has been ranked number one.
- Mills has represented New Zealand in 170 ODIs and took 240 wickets to be the second highest wicket taker black hats in the game shortcut behind Vettori, who took 297.
RBI penalizes 16 Central Banks Co-operative (BCC)
- The Reserve Bank of India sanctioned 16 central cooperative banks with a fine of Rs 5 lakh each for non-compliance with the know your customer and anti-money laundering guidelines.
- Lenders were issued notices justification and action was taken after going through the answers.
- The sanctions were imposed on these cooperative banks in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of Article 47 (A) read with section 46 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949
ING Vysya Bank
- . The merger agreement between Kotak Mahindra Bank and ING Vysya Bank has received approval from the Reserve Bank, which would create the country’s fourth lender private sector.
- The scheme of amalgamation (Kotak Mahindra Bank and ING Vysya Bank) will enter into force on 1 April 2015. Following the merger, all the tangible and intangible assets were transferred to Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The Rs 15,000 crore Fusion Kotak Mahindra agreement between ING Vysya and the approval of the Competition Commission in February.
The Government today announced the new Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2015-20 with a goal to stimulate exports and create jobs. This is the first trade policy of the government of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA). Purpose: almost double India’s exports of goods and services to $ 900 billion by 2020 This FTP present merchandise exports from India Scheme (MEIS) and services exports from India Scheme (SEIS) to stimulate the outside shipments.
Announced by Nirmala Sitharaman (Minister of Commerce)
Translation Branch attachment over 740 crore rupees owned by former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran in Aircel-Maxis case of fraud. Prime Minister Narendra Modi devote 12,000 crore modernization and Rourkela Steel Plant expansion project to the nation. Punjab has launched a special mission ‘Padho-Khedo Punjab Punjab Mission’ (know-Punjab Punjab Play Mission) to provide school students a separate time to play with the studies. According to this mission, a special time of 40 to 50 minutes was maintained for sports in which middle school students will be taught various games, including one that is played locally. Punjab Education Minister Dr Singh Cheema Daljeet
Misao Okawa, the oldest person in the world, died today, nearly a month after celebrating his 117th birthday.
Okawa, born in Osaka March 5, 1898, was recognized as the world’s oldest person by Guinness World Records in 2013.
Business & Economy
The government today raised the tariff on import value of gold to $ 385 per 10 grams and silver at $ 543 per kg, taking trends indices firm global prices.
During the last fortnight of March, the tariff value on imported gold was $ 375 per 10 grams and silver at $ 512 per kg.
Value of imports Rates: The rate import value is the base price on which the customs duty is determined to prevent under-invoicing. It is reviewed on a fortnightly basis, taking into account world prices.
Gulshan Rai, the director general of the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (Cert-In), took the first Cyber Security Chief in India today.
Rai, who also heads the eSecurity and Cyber Law Division in the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, has been involved in various capacities on cybersecurity for more than two decades. It is part of the Department of Electronics and Informatics (deity).
New Zealand fast bowler Kyle Mills has announced his retirement from all cricket.
International Cricket Council (ICC) president Mustafa Kamal has resigned today.
His resignation follows a public fall with the ICC from the quarter-final between India and Bangladesh at the World Cup, when he had strongly criticized the referees – even question their motives – on a questionable call without ball that went against Bangladesh.
Sania Mirza and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis enter the doubles semifinals of Miami Women Tennis Open.